The NetApp SG5700 StorageGRID appliance is an integrated storage and computing platform that operates as a Storage Node in a StorageGRID set. The appliance can be used in a hybrid grid environment that combines appliance Storage Nodes and virtual (software-based) Storage Nodes.
NetApp StorageGRID pricing starts from around $70,000 for the entry level SG5712 model up to $200,000 plus for higher end-models.
The StorageGRID SG5712, SG5760 appliance(s) provide the following features:
- Integrates the storage and computing elements for a StorageGRID Webscale Storage Node.
- Includes the StorageGRID Webscale Appliance Installer to simplify Storage Node deployment and configuration.
- Includes E-Series SANtricity System Manager for hardware management and monitoring.
- Supports up to four 10-GbE or 25-GbE connections to the StorageGRID Webscale Grid Network and Client Network.
- Supports Full Disk Encryption (FDE) drives or Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) drives. When these drives are used with the Drive Security feature in SANtricity System Manager, unauthorized access to data is prevented.
The SG5700 appliance is available in two models: the SG5712 and the SG5760. Both models include the following components:
|Compute controller||E5700SG controller||E5700SG controller|
|Storage controller||E-Series E2800 controller||E-Series E2800 controller|
|Chassis||E-Series DE212C enclosure, a two rack-unit (2U) enclosure||E-Series DE460C enclosure, a four rack-unit (4U) enclosure|
|Drives||12 NL-SAS drives (3.5-inch)||60 NL-SAS drives (3.5-inch)|
|Redundant power supplies and fans||Two power-fan canisters||Two power canisters and two fan canisters|
Pricing from public sources: itprice